Monday, September 9, 2013

Letter Home September 7th

Hello!  Hello!!!

Holy cow, this place is exhausting!  I've literally just crashed on my bed every night.  There is barely any time to breath!

Today Elder Sharp and I taught our first lesson.  It was pretty rough.  Our investigators name is Dave, and he's actually just our instructor acting.  He doesn't break character for anything!

One of our teachers today totally reminded me of Uncle Jedder.  Except he's brown.  He's really great!

Elder Sharp and I have been assigned to be Zone Leaders for the week we are here.  Elder Sharp is pretty stressed about it.  I have to keep reassuring him.  I've been able to see Elder McFarland and Elder Drage quite a bit.  Well, Skyler anyway.  I've only seen Jake once.  Everybody is doing great.  Keven is over in the west campus, so I don't see him at all.  Our branch president is a pretty nice guy.  I like him a lot.  His name is President Willes.

Did I tell you about Aunt Diane?  I can't remember.  In the first meeting with all the new missionaries on Wednesday, she called me out and I stood up in front of everyone and she told some stories of how cute a baby I was.  Haha  It was pretty funny!!  All the missionaries were laughing.  It was great.

There are two other elders in the room with Elder Sharp and I.  Elder Barker and Elder Griffin.  They are pretty cool guys.  We all gave the sisters in our district blessings yesterday.  The sisters were pretty homesick and stuff.  That was a really cool experience.  I've never felt the spirit so much in my life as here in the MTC.  It's an incredible place!  I'm told it gets better after the first Sunday.  Time moves faster after the first weekend apparently.  I'll believe it when I see it. haha  Just kidding.  I have faith.

We already have our travel plans.  We leave for California on the 17th at 3:00AM.  Ugh.  I don't know when I'll be able to call yet on that day.  I'll let you know.  I've been notified that I have 2 packages in the mailroom but I haven't been able to find time to pick them up yet.  I'm gonna get them first thing in the morning.  I'm assuming you sent at least one of them, so thanks!!  You guys are great!

LOVE,
Elder Wise

P.S.  The church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment