Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello! Hello!

Hey guys!!  Last week was pretty fun!  Let's see, where to start?  Well last tuesday some members invited us over to dinner and afterward they pulled out some pumpkins and let us carve them.  It was a party! I was really glad we got to do it cause I was really bummed I wasn't going to get to.  They have a daughter who is 7 and she is super cute.  She reminds me alot of lucie!!  I carved a skull into my pumpkin.  I'll send a pic. 


On Halloween they told us we weren't really allowed to go out and about but we got permission to go and chill at an investigator's house for a while.  He lives up in the rich area.  Actually, it's the guy who owns the Ferrari.  I guess I shouldn't really call him an investigator.  He isn't really interested in learning about the church.  But he told us to go to his house on Halloween cause apparently it gets pretty crazy up there.  And he wasn't kidding!!  I have never seen so many trick or treaters in my whole life!!  There were thousands!!!!  I'm not even exaggerating.  They had multiple trucks pulling trailors with hay on them so they could transfer the masses to the top of the hill and stuff.  There was a house that had multiple cotton candy machines and popcorn machines going and the line for that house was crazy long.  People were waiting like 30+ minutes to get some.  It was out of control.  But pretty fun!! We just sat out in his front yard around a fire pit for a while.  It was a party!
Pretty much all of our appointments with investigators fell though last week.  We didn't really see any of them.  Of the ones we did see, we committed them to come to church with us yesterday, but none of them showed up.  So that's kinda disappointing. On the plus side though we finally saw Chris!!  Well kinda.  She wasn't feeling well so she didn't want us to come over but we asked her if she wanted a blessing.  She obviously didn't know what it was and first asked us if we could do it over the phone haha.  But we explained how it didn't really work like that and so we went to her house and gave her one.  So that was fun!
The other thing we did was do a lot of service for Guy, one of our other investigators.  Have I mentioned him before?  I can't remember.  He's a pretty cool guy.  He's been seeing missionaries for forever but up until now, it's been kinda impossible to get him baptised.  His wife teaches at a catholic school and wants nothing to do with the church.  But I think they are getting a divorce now.  I'm not really sure.  They are separated for sure.  Anyways, we helped him put a basketball hoop in his front yard.  It was quite the ordeal. Fun though.  The best part is that at one point, we had to heat up the bottom end of the pole to get some metal off, but he doesn't have a torch.  So my redneck mind thought up something wonderful.  Why not use the grill??  So that's what we did.  We propped the whole hoop up on some garbage cans and stuck the bottom in the grill.  Worked like a charm!!!  I'm brilliant.  haha just kidding.  I wish I coulda gotten some pics of it.  I was laughing so hard.  It was funny.  But I had left my camera at home :( 
This whole project took us about three days to complete.  Saturday Sunday and this morning.  Phew.  It's finally done!!
But really, last week was pretty dull.  Like I said we didn't see too many people.  A few less actives.  That was good.  Elder Seright and I are doing great. 
Halloween in Utah sounded fun!!!  I'm super jealous that I missed out on spudnuts.  Although I have good news.  I have redeemed myself.  We finally found some rhodes dough balls and I cooked up some butterscotch rolls this morning!! Super delicious!!!!  The Massey family loved them as well.  So that was good. 
It sounds like life in PG is just as crazy as always.  Way to swim hard at the meet sadie!  And way to go dad!!  Working hospitality!  Good times.  Not really.  That's the worst. 
Well I hope you all have a good week!!!  Love you all!!
-Elder Wise
PS  The gospel rocks!  California rocks!  I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment