Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Greetings from President Obama

I don't know if you all knew this or not but Obama was in California this weekend!  And even better, he was in my area.  Which means...wait for it....we tried to talk to him!!!  We walked up to the secret service guys and introduced ourselves and asked them what was going on and stuff.  We talked to them for a few minutes and then they were like "feel free to hang around if you want, just don't walk up the road" and then they walked away.  So we didn't get a chance to ask them if we could talk to the president.  But it didn't sound like they were too keen on anybody getting anywhere near the president haha.  But hey, we tried. 

Let's see, what else.  Oh on Saturday we had a zone conference.  All the missionaries (36) in the stake had a meeting with the mission president.  President Van Cott is awesome!  Such a cool guy.  So that was all day on Saturday.  And then Sunday we tried to talk to the president and then we met with Sherry.  She's doing great!  Still can't get sundays off work though.  So we are still praying for that. 

And Tommy is doing well too.  Have I mentioned him before? I feel like I have.  Anyways, we couldn't meet with him on Sunday but his grandma told us that they've been reading the Book of Mormon together every night and now they are in the book of Jacob.  So that's awesome!! I guess he has a bunch of questions about baptism by fire and stuff.  So we are super excited to meet with him this week!!

And that's kinda all that happened last week. It was kind of slow for some reason. 


That's so awesome about the Olympics!! And all the Mormons over there haha!  That's so awesome!  Good for them! 

The new stake presidency is awesome!!  That's great!

I got 3 packages last week from you mom. Is that all of them?  They were awesome!! Thanks!!  And I LOVE the pics and letters from Lucie!!  They are hanging on my wall haha.  I smile every time I read them. 

Well, I love you all!!  I hope you stop getting sick and stuff. That's no fun!  Missionary work is awesome!  :)

Love, Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment