Monday, February 3, 2014

The Broncos Lost

Don't worry, I didn't watch the super bowl.  But it was on while we were eating at a members house and I happened to see the end result.  Poor Broncos.  Sorry guys.

Anyways, last week was pretty good. According to our numbers we did lot's more than last week!  Yay! Let's see.  Well here's a story.  So last Tuesday night we were out walking around and we met a kid named Nefi.  Which of course is the Spanish translation of Nephi!  Which is what we told the kid and he seemed really stoked about it and he wanted us to come and teach him the lessons.  Well we were super excited about that!  So excited that we decided to walk the same route the next morning.  To our dismay, the Book of Mormon we had given to Nefi was in the ditch.  In the mud.  And had been run over by a car.  Sad. Day.  And then we tried to call him a couple days later and he hung up on us.  So we dropped that guy.

Nefi's Book of Mormon

On the good side of the week though, we were able to get a new investigator!!  Yay!!  Her name is Shelley Bright and she is the mom of one of the members in our ward.  She is pretty great.  She was really interested in prophets and seemed really interested while we were teaching her the restoration.  We have a return appointment tomorrow night!  It's great!

Also, we were able to set up some appointments with some people for this week so by next Monday, we will hopefully have at least 3 more!! It's really great!!

The other enjoyable part of the week happened yesterday.  We were at church and this crazy guy with pink sweat pants, black dress shoes, a tan button up shirt, wearing a pink backpack and carrying an old beat up golf club came and talked to the missionaries.  Well he rambled for a while and he had a thick accent so I wasn't really paying attention but then all of a sudden he was staring at me and it was apparent that he had told me something.  So I was like "Wait what?"  And he was like "You wear nice clothes but Jesus is not in your heart."  And I was like "Hold up.  Yes he is."  And that seemed to calm him down.  Haha he was nuts.  It was a great time.

Well it sounds like things at home are fun!!  Wow mom, you've been busy haha.  You see more people in a week than I do haha.  Well probably not but still.  At least they let you in.  And Ruby River sounds awesome!!  And I'm glad your leg is almost better!  And way to go Sadie!!!  That's awesome!!  Way to swim!
Chinese New Year sounded like a great time!!  I still haven't gotten that package though.  Which is pretty weird.  I'm sure it'll come soon though.  Can't wait!!

And I'm totally jealous of Dad and John and Trent!  There have been some people up here from Pocatello and I asked them if they ever went to Geraldines and they were like "Heck yeah!  We love that place!"  It made me crave some Geraldines haha.

Oh and this weekend we are going out with the Carlson's again!  We are taking them to El Gallito!  Have I told you about that place?  It's pretty much the best Mexican food around.  And the Carlson's have never been there!  So that'll be way fun :)

Well, I hope you are all doing well!  Missionary work is totally bomb.  Love you guys!!!

  -Elder Wise


This is a funny card that I saw.






No comments:

Post a Comment