Monday, February 10, 2014

Oh boy!!

 
Well this last week was pretty great.  Let's see.  We met with Sherry twice this last week.  And we put her on track to be baptized on March 8!!  It's looking like it might have to be pushed back though cause she hasn't been able to get Sundays off of work and to make things worse her son is moving to Utah and he wants to be the one to baptize her so they might wait a while.  It's complicated all of a sudden.  She is progressing and we are still teaching her so that's great. 
We were also able to get another new investigator last week. His name is Tommy. We invited him to be baptized and he said no.  I don't think he really understands the importance of baptism so that's what we are going to teach him next.  Once the Spirit get's working on him he'll come around I'm sure!
Dinner with the Carlson's on Saturday was great too!!  They loved El Gallito.  Which of course, everybody does haha.  It's so good!! 
Yesterday the Sisters in our ward had a baptism.  His name is Rick Willinsky.  He's so awesome!!  He's been coming to church regularly for about 12 ish years.  Most people thought he was already a member.  But the Sisters were finally able to get him to be baptized.  Well, technically the Holy Ghost did but you know what I mean.  Anyways, it was really awesome.  It was kind of a missionary reunion too cause a few missionaries traveled down to see it cause when they were here a while back they were working with him so they wanted to see.  But it was really awesome!
This was yesterday at the baptism. 
   Sister Lee, Sister Busenbark, Sister Landgren, Me, Sister Akagi, and Elder Stafford. 
     Lee and Akagi were the ones that traveled down for the baptism. 
And that was pretty much our week.  It was great! 
Sounds like things at home are exciting!!!  I can't wait to get my Valentines packages haha! And no I never got the CNY one.  My guess is the ZL's will pick it up and give it to me tomorrow.  I did get the new journal though!  Thanks Uncle Jim and Aunt Susan!
Hahaha mom those stories are awesome! I want to serve on temple square haha.  I can't believe he actually swallowed a cigarette.  My goodness haha. 
The ward party sounds awesome!!  We are having a ward party coming up at the beginning of March.  It's like a game night potluck type dealio.  It should be cool.  But the Price is Right sounds awesome!!  Just out of curiosity, how old is Brian Hardman? haha
Family day sounds fun too!  I miss watching the Olympics haha.  They are so fun!!  And the alarm went off at church? That's awesome too!  I'm really tempted to try out our building's alarm now haha.  Jk that would be no bueno!

Poor Lucie.  She is picked on a lot.  haha she's so funny!
 
Well, I love you all, have a great week!!! Oh and stay tuned for some pics cause I'm finally on a computer that will let me send some!! Yay!! :)
Love you!
-Elder Wise
 
We went on a hike a while back.
Sunrise from last Wednesday I think.

Sister Busenbark is ridiculously good at slack-lining.  Which is one of our favorite P-Day past times. haha


I'm clearly not as good! haha

El Gallito makes MASSIVE tacos.  And Sister Akagi can pound it all.  Haha

Theres a park we often go too that has hundreds of ducks.  And this one had an afro. haha

The lunch of champions...1 box of macaroni and Mt Dew in a champagne glass.  yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment