Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Not a Bad Week

This is Alex!  And Elder Raff was able to come back for the baptism.  So that was cool!


Well obviously, the biggest news is Alex's Baptism!!  Whoohoo!!  It was really awesome.  Went off without a hitch.  Just as smooth as butter.  Alex had me baptize him which is always a good time!  And Carlos bore his testimony while we were changing and stuff.  It was really cool to have an investigator bear his testimony at a baptism.  Carlos is the freaking bomb.  Speaking of Carlos, we still haven't heard back from the First Presidency yet.  President Van Cott sent in his letter of recommendation though.  So hopefully we hear back soon.  The good news is that Carlos will be able to be baptized in September, no matter what.  That's when he is off probation.  So he will be getting baptized no later then September, and possibly earlier!  So at least that.
Lesson wise, it was kind of a slow week.  We spent a lot of time getting the baptism ready to go, and on top of that, the majority of the appointments we did have set fell through.  This next week will be loads better though I'm sure.  

We had Zone Meeting this week.  My first one.  It went really well!  At least in my opinion.  So that was good.  We trained on the Area Book, teaching simply, and planning effectively.  So it was good.  We also found 4 new investigators this week!  As well as several different potentials.  So we are excited to see how everything turns out this next week.  

Sounds like it was a crazy week back home!! Holy moly. Let's see.  The only 6 week missionary I really knew was Elder Freestone.  He was in my district in the Desert, and I went on exchanges with him one day.  He was super cool.  I liked him a lot.  But none of my companions have been 6 weekers.  Elder Freestone was a boss though.  I love that kid.  

And yeah, our mission president has spent a lot of time talking to us about the covenant of the mission call.  It's pretty sweet!  

I am so jealous they went waterskiing!  Man I miss that so much.  I think you guys better have the boat ready to go the second I step off that plane haha.  We're hittin the lake! 

That's awesome that McKay got shown around the MTC by Zac Brown!  That's so awesome!  Haha what a small Mormon world.  

I will keep my eye out for the James family!  That would be super cool to see them!  And I would be more than willing to give a blessing. No problemo! 

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week!!  Cali is awesome!  Missionary work is awesome!  Love you guys!!

Love, Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment