Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hey Hey Hey

Well this week was pretty good.  Let's see.  Well, the Sardar's are doing great!  There was a baptism this week that they were able to go and watch, sadly it was in Spanish and they didn't understand a word, but they enjoyed it.  There are some English ones this week though that they will be able to go to.  After the baptism, the member who drove them, took them to Redlands to see the Temple.  And it has made a huge difference!!  Especially with Gloria (the mom) and Chuzi (her real name is Palwasha - and she's the daughter).  Up until now they have wanted to be baptized, but they wanted to wait awhile.  But now they are a lot more on board and we are shooting for Jan 31.  We have a lesson with them tonight and we will hopefully set that date with them.  Lazarus will still wait a bit because he is still trying to give up drinking tea.  They are the best though.  I love that family so much!  And the best part is that two of the kids will be going to the U in August!  So we will get to hang out after the mission.

All of our other investigators are doing pretty well.  Although we haven't seen Sister Armstrong in like 3 weeks.  She has vanished off the face of the earth.  I miss that lady!  The main struggle we have is getting people to come to church.  They commit to come, we make sure to remind them and get everything set up for them, and then they don't show up.  It's very frustrating.  But, we will get them this week for sure.  

And we got to go to the Temple on Wednesday which was awesome!  It was great to go back finally.  I probably won't get to go again until right before I leave, for my departing temple trip.  It'll be nice to be back in Utah where I can go whenever I want to haha.  

Since yesterday was a holiday we had lot's of free time since we didn't have to email or anything, so we went over to the Sardars and played Apples to Apples with them.  It was a good time!  

Lazarus, Chuzi, and Logan



Do you remember a long time ago how I used to complain about my back hurting while I slept?  It's been that way for a looooong time.  Well, I think it's fixed now.  Let me tell you why.  Nearly two years ago, when Elder Seright was being trained, he baptized a man named Jesse Tung, who is from Taiwan.  Jesse is an acupuncturist.  He's had his practice going for many years and he's helped lot's of missionaries the last couple of years since he got baptized.  Well I met him on exchanges several weeks ago and somehow it came up that my back hurt, and he offered to help.  So that's what we did yesterday.  It turns out that the muscles in my back are just super tight all the time.  So he did his thing and stuck me full of needles and such.  It was great!  He also does cupping, which he also did for me!  Remember that lady in our group in China?  How she had big purple spots all over her back?  Now I have spots too haha!  I'll send a picture.  It was marvelous though. I slept really well last night.  

Well, I think that about covers it for the week!  I'm sorry to hear you guys were sick!  That is no fun.  I've been feeling a little under the weather myself.  

Well, I hope you all have a great week!!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment