Monday, January 5, 2015

Only 5 left...

So I got to thinking the other day, and guess what I realized?  I only have 5 transfers left!  That just blows my mind.  The last 16 months (as of yesterday) have just flown by!!  It's crazy!

Anyways though. This week was pretty good!  We didn't teach as many lessons as we usually do, but the ones that we did teach were bomb.  But I'll come back to that in a minute.  

The week started off with District Meeting on Tuesday.  Which isn't normally worth mentioning but in this instance, it affected the rest of the week.  We had a great training on inviting people to be baptized and putting them on date.  So we took that and rolled with it.  Now we have 9 investigators on date!  And several more coming up next week.  So that's awesome!  The investigators on date are: Sis Armstrong, David Toral, Jesus, Maria, Angie, Iffat and John Shad, and Luke Sardar, and Lazarus Sardar!  All on date for days in February.  So hopefully I get to stay one more transfer!!  If everything goes according to plan, we will be baptizing every Saturday in February.  It's going to be awesome! Coming up this week we will hopefully be able to put a few more.  Such as Kimberly and Janice Galvez, and Gloria and Palwasha Sardar.  So pray for all of them!  Thanks! 

Miracles happen.  We taught the Word of Wisdom to a few of our investigators the other day, and we were pretty nervous about what they were going to say.  But our preparation and prayers paid off and they totally accepted it and agreed with the principles.  It will probably take a little bit more to help them to actually live it, but this was a huge step.  So we are grateful for that.  

Sadly, our new investigators from last week decided to drop us.  They want to stay with their family tradition of Catholic.  We will still be able to swing by occasionally but for now, they aren't interested.  Sad day.  But not to worry! We will find others I'm sure.

Being a solo ZL is a fun time.  Whenever I have leadership meetings I just leave him with some other elders and I go with some other Zone Leaders.  And we never go on splits with members really anyway, so that's not too much of a problem.  And when we exchange with other missionaries, he just goes to their area since he doesn't know ours too well yet haha.  

I'm glad to hear that you all made it home from Mississippi alright!  With only a little drama haha.  

I'm super jealous of the Keb Mo concert though!! That sounds awesome!!  Too bad he didn't sing my song.  

Well, I hope you have a great week!! Thanks for all your prayers and help!  Love you all!  

Love, Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment