Monday, February 23, 2015

Half Way


Man, this transfer is already half way over!  Time just flies by too quickly.  Well this week was pretty good.  A little bit on the slow side, but we did get a lot of good work done.  We had Zone Conference this week.  President Van Cott trained us on extending commitments and promising blessings.  It was really good!  There were a lot of good things that he talked about.  One of the things I liked the most was that as we teach, we should really focus on the blessings of the commandment we are teaching.  Teach the doctrine simply and clearly, then state your authority and promise blessings.  People are a lot more willing to do things, if they realize the blessings that will come from it.  It kind of blows my mind to think about the fact that if I promise someone specific blessings, as a representative of Jesus Christ, then God will make it happen! That's a lot of responsibility on our part.   And it's not me telling God what to do, it's the Spirit directing me to promise someone the blessings that God already want's to give them.  Pretty cool!

But yeah, that about covers it.  All our investigators are doing pretty well.  We are still working on finding new people to teach, but we have some good potentials lined up to try to contact this week.  So it's going to be good.  

I'm glad to hear everything is going well back home!  Haha yeah the U is definitely full of hippies.  I'm glad the film festival was fun though!  And Radical Reels will be awesome! I'm jealous.  

Yes there is a 7-11 in Yucaipa!  a couple of them actually haha.  I will have the ZLs pick it up from the office.  No problem!  Thanks so much!  

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week!  Love you all!

Love, Elder Wise

Didn't think I'd find one of these anywhere.  I found it on exchanges is Banning.

No comments:

Post a Comment