Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Yucaipa Take 2

Man, Yucaipa is a great place.  It's kind of strange to walk around and not see homeless people everywhere.  And I've only smelled marijuana once! It's crazy.  I do miss the chaos of Colton though.  And the amount of work out there.  Yucaipa is a little slow.  We are working hard on trying to find more people to teach.  The problem is there are no public places in our ward boundaries.  There is only one gas station.  So the only way you can find people to talk to is by knocking on their door.  Which just isn't effective. So we are really working with the members to find people to teach.  In the last 14 months since I've been gone, the ward has really progressed though.  The members are really starting to get out and talk with people.  It's a slow process.  A lot of people remember me though! I had quite a warm welcome back at church yesterday haha.  It's been pretty fun.

Sadly, David's baptism last week had to be postponed a bit longer.  There were some complications.  Hopefully some day in the future!  The Sardar's baptism is still good to go for this week though!  So I will get to go back to Colton on Saturday.  I can't even wait!!  And Grace and Carlos had their baby!  Natalia Toral officially entered the world last Thursday night around 11 ish.  I missed it by just 2 days!  Hopefully they will be at the baptism on Saturday though and I will get to meet the baby.  That would be awesome.  

My new companion is Elder Chavez.  He's 18, and from Plano Texas, which is by Dallas.  He loves to play soccer.  We get along really well.  It's a great time! He's been out for 6 months.  

Well, that's about all I have to report!  I'm glad that everything is going well back home!  I can't believe it's been so warm haha!  That's crazy!  

And Happy Anniversary!  22 years is a long time haha.  Congrats!  

Also, I did get the package.  The cinnamon rolls were amazing!!  They are already gone.  I ate them all.  They didn't even taste over cooked or anything! 

You are going to Montana?  I am so jealous.  Not of your leg surgery though haha.  I miss Montana.  

Well, I hope you all have a great week!!  I love you all!

Love, Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment