Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Last Week of the Transfer!

Man this transfer went fast.  A week from today i will know if I'll be staying in Colton or shipping off to somewhere else.  This last week was pretty good though.  Really hot!!  A new slurpee card would be awesome!! Haha .  This week was kind of slow though.  Not a whole lot of exciting things happened.  We went on some exchanges though.  Which was kinda fun. Not because of the exchange itself, but because while we were on the exchange, we ran into a bunch of huge, tattooed, pierced guys filming a music video.  They were making it for a rapper named Lil Shawn.  Anyways, while we rode past all these huge dudes waved us over and they wanted to take pictures with us so we did.  They also filmed us for a bit.  So that was cool! Mormon missionaries in the rapper music video!  So that was exciting.

Carlos is still doing really well.  We are still waiting for approval to baptize him though.  And Mike is doing well also!  We are going to set a baptism date with him this week hopefully!  So that's awesome!

I don't know if I told this to you guys already, but every week we have a scripture study class at the church on Wednesdays.  It's a fun time.  Elder Hayden and I are the main teachers.  We just switch off every week.  I taught it this week.  It went pretty well!  We discussed the topic "How can I avoid sin?"  So that was a fun time.  Actually, I taught that lesson right after we took all the pics with the rappers.  

The other cool thing that happened this week is that a new initiative has come out for members and missionaries.  It's called JustServe.org.  It's pretty cool!  As missionaries we will now be required to do about 10 hours of service every week. So that will be fun! Zone leaders play a pretty cool role in JustServe.org too which is kinda cool.  I enjoy seeing the "behind the scenes" of the church.  I get to see how the church rolls out new programs/initiatives.  I don't know.  It's just cool.  

Sounds like a good time this week back in Utah!! I'm so jealous about all the parties and stuff that went on haha.  I'm glad to hear that GG is still going strong!!  And the Thunderbirds are always awesome! 

Way to go Sadie!  A 26 is a great score! 

Well, I hope you all have a great week!!  I love you all!!!

Love, Elder Wise

P.S. Oh I'm glad the letter for the priests went well!!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment