Monday, July 28, 2014

Can you say HOT?!

Man, this week was HOT.  111 degrees Fahrenheit with over 50% humidity.  And we ride around on our bikes in that!  It's a good time though!  We have a pretty good excuse for just knocking on someone's door and asking for water.  Which then we can talk to them while we drink! So it works out. 
This last week was really good though!  My new bike came in so that's good.  It is a bit cheaper version of my last one.  Cheaper shifting mechanisms and handles and stuff.  But a bike is a bike!  So I'm glad to have that back. 
Let's see, what else?  Umm we had quite a few lessons this week! So that was good!  Had several people come to church and found some new investigators.  We are pretty stoked about that.  And this last week I also got to go on exchanges with Elder Seright!  That was a great time!  It was fun being his companion again for a day.  Even though it is kinda weird, cause now I'm my trainers ZL which means I'm supposed to train him now on stuff.  That was kinda weird.  Fun though!  We had a really good day!  Plus, In'n'Out is in his area so we got to go eat out!
This morning for a P-Day activity we went and played soccer at the park again!  That was lots of fun!  I think I got a little sun-burned though.  Haha
This week should be pretty fun!  We have a mini Zone Conference on Thursday, and we just have a lot of work lined up for this week so it should be awesome!
Here's a little update on some of our investigators.
Carlos: Still waiting for approval
Angel: 12 yrs old, getting baptized sep 20  doing really well!
This is Angel.
This is his sister Angela.
Tony: Still trying to quit smoking.  Getting baptized Sep 2
Mike: Still trying to quit smoking, Getting baptized Sep 6.  Doing really well.  He's so awesome!
Hopefully this upcoming week we will be able to get some more of our investigators on date for baptism.  We have quite a lot of people we are teaching, just most of them don't want to progress.  It's kind of annoying.  I love them all though. 

Well, I hope you all have a great week!!  Missionary work is super awesome! Love you all!
-Elder Wise

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these pictures so much. I sure do miss this kid.

    ReplyDelete