Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Happy Lucie Day!

Well hello!  This week was pretty great! The iPads are pretty awesome. We had a really long zone conference on Thursday.  It went from like 8 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon.  It was a while.  The funny thing is that we didn't even get our ipads until 4 haha.  Most of the conference was reviewing the principles of planning and companion study and a bunch of other things.  It was really good!  And then we have spent the last couple days getting used to the ipads.  This next week will be spent inputting all the information from our area book into our ipads.  It's going to take hours. It's a pretty neat app the church made though! I like it!

And the temple trip a couple of weeks ago was super awesome!  I love the redlands temple haha.  It's been pretty hot here the last few days. Except some storm clouds have rolled in the last couple days.  They haven't done much to cool it off though cause now it's just 100 degrees and super humid.  I'll take dry 110 over humid 100 any day.  

The other good news is that the fire is pretty much out I think.  There are no longer giant billowing plumes of smoke filling the sky.  I can't even see the mountain smoking any more.  So that's nice.  Although last Thursday , they did evacuate one of the cities in our area.  I think they moved back though.  All is safe and sound. 
 

 
This week we had some good lessons with investigators as well!  We met with Sister Huffer a couple of times, as well as DeShawn a couple of times, and also a kid named Matthew.  And then Sister Huffer and Matthew were able to come to church.  That was pretty awesome!  Another thing that happened this Sunday was that I had to speak in sacrament meeting.  I was so close!!  I have never once spoken on my mission up until yesterday.  It was my best kept secret.  I knew the second I told someone that I had never spoken, they'd probably tell the bishop haha.  That didn't happen this time though. I think God knew I hadn't spoken and wanted to make sure I had the opportunity, so he sent my to Yucca Valley where he knew I'd get called on haha.  It turned out really well though.  Even though the AC in the chapel was broken and it was pretty hot haha.  

Sounds like everyone was having a good time in Utah this week! I'm glad Sadie liked EFY and Lucie liked Soccer camp! That's awesome!  It's always fun when people come to visit too.  And the Lucie day celebrations sound awesome!  That's a great holiday.  :)

And thanks for taking care of all my school stuff.  Glad to hear it's still on track haha.  

Well, I hope you all have a great week!! Stay out of the heat! :)

Love you all,
Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment